Sunday, July 6, 2008

Funct and Gruntled


My daughter is an actress but doesn’t attest to it. She speaks using numerous accents, sounding native to each country. Even her Spanish teacher uses her as a vocal model.

During her journey to Scotland last year, her accent easily blended with the Scots. When she imitates our Chinese waitress–friend, she mimics every nuance to such a point that I’m rolling on the floor, tears streaming down my face. “Poke with mixt wikitables? Yes, yes, soup good! Yummy soup!”

She also likes playing with the American-English language. “I’m funct and gruntled today,” she happily announced to me.

“What?!” I incredulously replied.

“Well, if defunct means dead and disgruntled means grumpy, I’m neither. I feel alive and happy!”

copyright © 2008 by Auntie Eartha. All rights reserved.

If you like it, link it!
http://auntieeartha.blogspot.com/2008/07/funct-and-gruntled.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you believe.