Monday, April 20, 2009

You’re It!

My former roommate used to sell insurance and wanted to make a presentation to her friend Steve.

Both leading active lives, they played telephone tag for a week, leaving messages on each other’s answering machines—Steve less frequently than Joanne. These were the days before mobile phones overcame the world, where there are few places to play hide and don’t find me.

After a week of missing each other, Joanne called Steve’s number and again heard “Hello, Steve isn’t home right now, so Mira is protecting the house. If you’d like to leave a message, however, start speaking after the beep.”

Being an occasional hiking companion of Mira, Steve’s golden retriever, Joanne creatively responded, “This message is for Mira. This is your friend Joanne. Your master has been a bad boy, and I’m very upset with him. I keep calling him, but he doesn’t call me back, so I want you to bite him!”


The next day, the following message was on Joanne’s answering machine: “Grr-ruff, ruff, ruff. Ouch! Grr-ruff, ruff. Ouch!

copyright © 2009 by Auntie Eartha. All rights reserved.

If you like it, link it!
http://auntieeartha.blogspot.com/2009/04/youre-it.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you believe.