Wednesday, September 17, 2008
When Writers Don’t Write
What is this writer doing when she isn’t writing and publishing her work?
• Writing or designing for clients.
• Cleaning up after animals and her child.
• Editing others’ work.
• Contemplating the universe, and envisaging ways to help it.
• Paying bills, setting or attending meetings and appointments, grocery shopping.
• Wondering what her old friends are doing these days.
• Helping others in a variety of ways.
• Making a list of things to do and checking them off—after she’s done them.
• Thinking about all the things she needs to do.
• Keeping the neighboring area informed about Neighborhood Watch and crime issues.
• Repairing the continually crumbling house and its contents.
• Visualizing playing guitar and piano and singing.
• Working in the yard and garden.
• Mentally writing essays for publication.
• Wishing she were on vacation, on which she hasn’t been since 2006.
What are you doing when you’re not doing what you think you should be doing?
I think I think too much. Better start doing!
copyright © 2008 by Auntie Eartha. All rights reserved.
If you like it, link it!